Tuesday, July 8, 2014

We just need to Ask

I read something the other day that's been picking at my thoughts. 

Since there always needs to be a Mommy anology to go along with everything I talk about... here ya go:

EVER DAY Channing asks for food or a drink and starts by addressing the immediate want.  "DRINK!" or "BREAD"... ya get the picture...

I ALWAYS have to remind him "Show me how you ask polite and kind."  He proceeds, "May I Please Have...(fill in the blank)?" 

There are those times here and there when he remembers and starts with the kind mannerisms.  When he does I am beaming on the inside every time.  I know something is sinking into his heart.  I know he's on the right track and want to teach him more because of it.

So here's the thought that's been eating at me,

"He wants to give us what we ask for; sometimes He is just waiting for us to ask."
-Tonya Rowley   

My challenge to you is to remember to ask kindly, lovingly, knowing that he hears and wants you to receive.

No comments: